Why join the PPORA?
- Access to support and advice, together with the opportunity to raise questions and contribute to debate and discussion affecting the future of Point to Pointing:
- Through our network of Area PPORA Committee Members, Regional Rider Representatives, and National Supporter Representatives
- Attendance and participation at our Annual General Meeting
- Nominate and vote for your Committee Representatives
- Contribute to the PPORA’s work as an independent organisation representing the voice of grass roots participants and supporters in Point to Pointing’s decision makers
- Keep informed throughout the year on the debates and changes affecting our sport via our website, quarterly e-newsletters, and social media updates
- Nominate contenders for our monthly grassroots Dodson & Horrell Owner-Trainer and Howden Jockey of the Month awards, and for the annual Jim Mahon Award and the PPORA Chairman’s Award
- Learn more about our sport – participate in a range of skill development events including Master Classes, Jockey Coaching and Course Walks
- Join fellow members at the Annual Awards Lunch
- All members are also eligible for the discounts and offers below
All members are entitled to…
… racecourse offers
The PPORA is working with a number of racecourses nationwide to provide discounts on admission for our members. Current offers are outlined below, and details of additional offers will be publicised over coming weeks
Aintree Racecourse – 20% all remaining tickets for Aintree Foxhunters’ Day – April 12 2018
Aintree are offering all PPORA members and their guests 20% off the price of all available individual tickets on the Thursday of the Grand National Meeting. Based on currently available tickets that’s a saving of between £5.80 and £18 per ticket. Please note the discount does not apply to the already discounted Group Tickets for 8 or more people)
To take advantage of this offer you must book online at www.aintree.thejockeyclub.co.uk and enter the offer code sent with your membership card, in a Member’s Benefits List, and also available by calling the PPORA office
Offer Valid: Can be booked now – offer applies to tickets for April 12 2018
Catterick Racecourse – discounted Grandstand and Paddock Enclosure gate prices at all NH fixtures
£5 discount on Grandstand and Paddock Enclosure tickets (normal price £15) for all National Hunt fixtures at Catterick. One ticket per member.
To obtain this offer please show your PPORA Membership Card when purchasing a ticket on entry to the course.
Offer Valid: 24/11/17, 19/12/17, 28/12/17, 01/01/18, 11/01/18, 24/01/18, 2/2/18, 12/2/18, 27/2/18, 7/3/18
Cheltenham – join the Party at Hunter Chase evening on Friday May 8th 2018
Cheltenham are offering PPORA members the chance to attend the 2018 Hunter Chase After Party for FREE. Held in the Centaur the party will be hosted by Radio 1 DJ Greg James and will feature How Stephens. To obtain a free wristband giving admission to the event you must purchase an online advance Club/Tatts ticket priced at £15 and enter the PPORA offer code you’ll be sent with your membership card in the Promotion Code box when making your purchase. One ticket/wristband per member. This offer is only available until 17th December
Cheltenham Hospitality Suite – access to the ROA Suite
- International Meeting, 15th& 16th December
- New Years Day, 1stJanuary
- Trials Day, 27thJanuary
This is a great opportunity to enjoy your day at Cheltenham with the convenience and comfort of a private hospitality area. The ROA Suite offers you tables and seating, TV monitors, and a balcony with great views of the Parade Ring and a big screen. There are also free racecards, free tea and coffee throughout the day and a free tipping competition to join in. Hot food, snacks and other drinks are also available to purchase.
PPORA members may each bring up to 3 guests and the costs are:
- PPORA Member £35
- PPORA Guest £40
Places in the suite are limited to 70, and must be pre-booked by calling the ROA on 020 7152 0200 and quoting your PPORA Membership Number
Cheltenham Hospitality Suite – Festival Opening Day – Thursday 13th March – Invitation to Share ROA Hospitality Facilities
The Racehorse Owners Association (ROA) have kindly offered all PPORA Members the opportunity to join ROA members in the ROA Hospitality Suiteon the Opening Day of the Festival
Located in the heart of the action, overlooking the horse walk from the paddock to the course, the ROA suite offers a wonderful and comfortable base from which to enjoy the day in the company of ROA and PPORA members
The package on offer includes a four course lunch with places at a table for the day, there’s also tea and biscuits on arrival and afternoon tea
The cost of the package is £360 (inc VAT) per person – please note that this does NOT include entry to the course or drinks on the day
10 places are available to PPORA members and their guests
To book please call the ROA on 0207 152 0200
Fakenham Racecourse – discounts on entry to the Members’ Enclosure & Members’ Parking
Fakenham is offering all PPORA members £5 off the gate price for the Members’ Enclosure, and £3 off the price of Members’ Parking (alternative free public parking is available).
This offer is valid for all Fakenham Racedays except 1st January, Easter Monday 2nd April, and Ladies Day June 3rd in 2018. Please also note that the offer does not apply to the West Norfolk Point to Point on April 24th. For more details of racing at Fakenham please visit www.fakenhamracecourse.co.uk
To take advantage of this offer you must follow yellow AA signs for Members and enter the racecourse from Pudding Norton entrance (postcode NR21 7NA).
For discounted parking you must show your 2017 – 2018 PPORA Membership Card at the carpark, and for discounted entry must show your 2017 – 2018 PPORA Membership Card when entering the course at the Pudding Norton Members’ Entrance.
Offer Valid: 20/10/17, 01/11/17, 21/11/17, 04/12/17, 19/12/17, 22/01/18, 07/02/18, 16/02/18, 16/03/18, 08/05/18
Haydock Racecourse – 20% discount on tickets for The Walrus Hunter Chase. Haydock will offer PPORA members a 20% discount on Grandstand & Paddock Enclosure Tickets for Saturday 17th February 2018 – Grand National Trial Day. Book online using the Offer Code provided in your Member Benefits List at the beginning of January or obtained by calling the PPORA Office
Offer Valid: 17/2/18 More details to follow in your next Member Benefits List at the beginning of January or from the PPORA Office in January
Stratford Racecourse – discounts at every meeting
Stratford is offering a £5 discount off the on the gate price of a Club Enclosure badge. The offer applies to one ticket per member, and also includes a free race card (worth £3), at all Stratford Racecourse fixtures until September 30th 2018. To obtain this offer please show your PPORA Membership Card when purchasing a ticket on entry to the course. For more information on racing at Stratford visit www. stratfordracecourse.net
Offer Valid: 02/10/17, 21/10/17, 02/11/17, 12/03/18, 07/04/18, 22/04/18, 20/05/18, 08/06/18, 09/06/18, 19/06/18, 03/07/18, 15/07/18, 22/07/18, 22/08/18/, 23/08/18, 28/08/18, 04/09/18, 08/09/18
Wetherby Racecourse – Christmas Jumper Day and Hunterchasing
Wetherby Racecourse is offering all PPORA 2017 – 2018 Members a £5 discount on up to four Premier Enclosure tickets at their meetings on January 13th, February 3rd and March 29th. The January meeting is billed as Christmas Jumper Day, whilst February is billed as Medieval Race Day, and March is Wear a Hat Day supporting Brain Tumour Research. The February and March meeting meetings feature Hunterchases. Included with each ticket purchased will be a voucher for a free race card.
To take advantage of the this offer you must purchase your e-tickets on line at www.wetherbyracing.co.uk using the offer code sent with your membership card*
Offer Valid: 13/01/18, 03/02/18, 29/03/18
… discounts on form and results from the Point To Point Racing Company
The Point to Point Racing Company are offering all 2017 -2018 PPORA Members a 10% discount on the following products with savings of up to £24.50:
- Loose Leaf 2018 – normal price £225 – PPORA Members Save £22.50
- Loose Leaf 2018 Plus Bundle – normal Price £245 – PPORA Members Save £24.50
- Ratings and Results Bundle – normal Price £50 – PPORA Members Save £5.00
To obtain this discount you must purchase online at www.pointtopoint.co.uk and enter the offer code sent with your membership card* into the Discount Field at checkout
… discounts on racing equipment, tack and clothing, and accessories
- Treehouse Sporting Colours have extended their 10% PPORA member discount to include the full product range available from their website www.treehouseonline.co.uk.
To take advantage of this offer enter the offer code sent with your membership card* in the Voucher /Discount Codes Field at checkout
- Harley Equestrian are offering 10% discount on purchases in store or from www.harleyequestrian.com (the offer excludes bespoke items and cannot be combined with other special offers or used in conjunction with loyalty points)
To obtain your discount please order by phone quoting your PPORA Membership Number, or show your PPORA Membership Card when buying in store
- Frederick Thomas London are offering all PPORA Members a 40% discount off all online purchases from www.frederickthomas.co.uk https where you’ll find their fabulous range of men’s ties, socks and and other accessories including a newly launched range of tweed holdalls and washbags. With styles ranging from traditional tweed to quirky contemporary there’s plenty to choose from
To take advantage of this offer enter the discount code sent with your membership card* in the Voucher /Discount Codes Field at checkout
… 10% discount on racing, hunting and equestrian art
Equestrian Art International (EAI) represent some of Britain’s leading contemporary equestrian artists and specialise in the sale of original fine art. In addition to sponsoring the 2018 PPORA Chairman’s Award and our monthly Hunter Chase Highlight Awards, EAI are offering PPORA members a 10% discount on fine art purchases. To find out more about EAI and the artists they represent please visit www.equestrianartuk.com Please mention you PPORA membership to John Thorley at EAI when making your purchase.
Equestrian Artists, and long-standing Point to Point supporters, David and Adrian Dent are offering PPORA members a 10% on all items on their website www.dentfineart.comTo obtain your discount visit the website and contact them using the Contact Form and quoting your PPORA Membership Number before making your purchase
… 25% off rrp of all products from the NAF and FREE Product Trial Offer for 50 PPORA members in March
This newly launched range of supplements has been formulated to combat the challenges faced by today’s racehorses. Find out more here: www.naf-equine.eu/uk/raceon
During March NAF are offering 50 PPORA members the opportunity to try any product of their choice from the RaceOn Range free of charge.
ALL PPORA members can also obtain a 25% discount off the RRP of ANY NAF products
To obtain your discount or to order your free trial product please contact Sammy Martin, Racing Manager email@example.com or 07980 922041
… free initial legal advice consultation
Harrison Clark Rickerbys Solicitors offer PPORA members a free initial half-hour telephone agricultural or equine legal consultation with specialist partners Mary Wathen or Esther Stirling.
For more information on Harrison Clark Rickerbys visit their website www.hcrlaw.com, and to take advantage of this benefit call them on 01905 612 001 quoting your PPORA Membership Number
… nominate contenders for our 2017 – 2018 monthly and annual awards
- Dodson & Horrell Owner Trainer of the Month
- Howden Insurance Jockey of the Month
- Jim Mahon Award
- PPORA Chairman’s Award
and join fellow members at our AGM and the Annual Grassroots Awards Lunch at Stratford Racecourse on June 8th 2018
In addition Owner, Rider, Life & Honorary Members…
- Are eligible to enter and ride, in a nationwide programme of races exclusive to PPORA members. These include the Dodson & Horrell PPORA Club Members Novice Riders Series leading to a £1000 final which this season will be hosted by the Quorn at Garthorpe on Sunday April 29. For full details of PPORA race eligibility please visit the About Us section our website www.ppora.co.uk and read Section 7 of Who We Are And What We Do
- Are entitled to a 10% discount per horse on MFHA Point to Point Subscriptions (please notify your hunt of your PPORA membership)
- Are automatically eligible for the Stratford Racecourse PPORA Champion Owner Award
… first season riders are also …
- offered free Rider membership of the PPORA – this will be automatically given unless the opt out box when completing an RQC
*Life / Honorary Members
Life and Honorary Members will be sent Offer Codes by email
All members can also obtain the Offer Codes by calling the office on 01267 232105
Please note that all offers:
- are subject to fair usage and eligibility checks – and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers
- require current PPORA membership at the time of use
- in response to benefit providers concerns please do not share offer codes with non-members or publicise them on websites and social media
- are subject to availability and maybe changed or withdrawn at any time by the PPORA or by benefit providers