Data Privacy Notice
PPORA Member Privacy Notice (May 2018)
How we will use your personal data
The PPORA are committed to the responsible use and management of your data.
The basis on which we will manage and use your data is “legitimate processing” – the information that we store in your membership record will be used to optimise your membership experience as explained below.
What information do we record about our members?
The information that we store may include:
The information you supply to us when purchasing a membership or updating your membership records may include:
- Full name and title
- Email Address
- Postal Address
- Phone Number(s)
- Membership Type
In addition we may also record information about:
- Your membership purchase including date, payment status and payment method (we do NOTstore your card or other payment details)
- Information derived from the information you have provided e.g. the membership Area and/or Region to which you belon
- Other information relating to your membership that you may provide to us, or which we may add for the purposes of managing your membership
How will the PPORA use your information?
The information held in your membership record may be used in some or all of the following ways linked to optimising your experience as a member of the PPORA:
- To manage your membership. For example: to process your payments, issue membership cards, send details of member benefits/offers, and renewal reminders
- To send you news and information about the PPORA and Point to Pointing. Content may include:
- PPORA news and details about events and activities such as Jockey Coaching, and the AGM.
- News and information about Point to Pointing that we consider will be of interest to our members
- Information and offers on behalf of our sponsors and benefit providers (this will be sent by us and not by the sponsor or benefit provider themselves)
- To manage events and activities organised either by the PPORA, or in partnership with other organisations.
- For prize fulfillment, and associated contact, by ourselves, our sponsors and by third parties that we, or our sponsors, use for these purposes.
- To manage PPORA races, contests and awards on behalf of ourselves and our sponsors. This includes eligibility checking.
- To analyse our membership
In addition to the above:
- We may also share data with the Point to Point Racing Company, Point to Point Authority and the BHA for the purposes of administration only(not for marketing)
What we will not do
With the exception of what has been defined in the sections above, unless legally required to do so:
- We will NOT share data with third parties (including our sponsors or any other commercial partner )
- We will NOT sell data to any third party
By default we will retain your data for a period of 3 months following the expiry of your membership period. In the event of a dispute or investigation your details may be held until this is resolved/completed.
Access to the information we hold about you
If you would like a copy of the information that we hold about you please contact us using the details provided below.
If you would prefer not to be contacted by the PPORA
If you would prefer NOT to receive news and information from the PPORA please let us know by contacting us in writing using the details provided below, and we will update your record accordingly.
Please note that we will still use your information to issue your membership card, and as required to manage race eligibility and awards.
Your rights under GDPR
GDPR gives you a number of rights with respect to your personal data. Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, these rights include:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the holds about you
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the PPORA to retain such data
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Questions about how we use your personal data?
If you have any questions relating to how we manage or use your personal data please contact us in writing using the details provided below.
Concerns or Complaints
If you have concerns or complaints about the way we use your personal data please contact us in writing using the details provided below. We will respond to you within one month of receiving your message.
If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113
Our contact details
Address: 19 Gelli Aur, Bronwydd, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire, SA33 6BE